Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our daily blessings

Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Selah
Psalm 68:19.

I love this verse. It's one of my favorites. We often times take for granted all that the Lord blesses us with everyday. The air in our lungs, the beat of our heart, the sun raising, the rain falling, our work (good or bad the Lord still provided it) our car (or if not a car, our health so we can walk), a nice hot shower in the morning, food on our plates. See these are all things we don't even think about. We just have them and don't bother to even remember that the Lord blessed us with all this stuff. Psalms says He daily loads us with these benefits or I like to call them blessings. Do you hear that? Everyday the Lord is looking out for you and I and wanting to bless us. This is the God we serve. He loves us so so much and is always wanting to bless us. The God of the universe wanting to bless me, that just blows my mind.

So I challenge you, next time you go outside and see the sunrise and the beautiful trees or drive your car or eat breakfast, stop and take the time to thank our God for blessing you with that food, that car, that sunrise. Think of the Lord looking down at you at that very moment and saying "I love you and I want to bless you with this". Always remember. Count your blessings. Even if you are a little down and out, know that He still has you in mind and has blessed you more then you'll know. Take the time to quite yourself and listen to Him say "I love you".

No comments:

Post a Comment